If your kitchen has a modest size, it does not mean that you should give up all the comforts that the use of a kitchen island involves.
- Firstly, the smart kitchen island is an ideal way to expand the area for cooking, which can also be used as a dining area.
- Secondly, the island provides additional storage space for numerous cooking utensils.
And believe even in the smallest kitchens, island issue can be solved with elegance and inventiveness. Moreover, finding clever and functional solutions for small spaces is now one of the main trends in interior design.
Irregular kitchen island forms
Small kitchen island will definitely offer us a wide variety of forms and functions than the island for large kitchens. The narrow, rectangular, round and even octagonal – choose what suits your taste; just do not forget to take into account the convenience of moving and the overall layout of the kitchen.
Advantages of small kitchen island
- Small kitchen island will serve you as a wonderful area for breakfast and just friendly get-togethers.
- It adds space for storage and warehousing of products and kitchen utensils.
- Despite its size, small kitchen island is an extra working area.
- Small kitchen island adds some versatility to your cook- room: this model is perfectly fit to small rooms.
Note that the most reliable materials for such islands are natural wood or artificial stone.
As we see, the concept of «small kitchens» is pretty subjective issue, and what may be small for one room, can simply not fit in the other. However, regardless of your kitchen size, there is always a smart way to ensure you extra work surface and storage space.